Number Ten reported that my sandwich was "good." Not very good, not not-so-good, but good. (Later the anthrax kicked in, but not before Ten got in a few more jabs about my shoe size.) I'm feeling much more sandwich-confident, so much so that I will now provide the recipe.
1. Toast two pieces of multi-grain bread. Monitor the bread, removing it only when it is golden brown at its center.
2. If you suffer from OCD, unplug the toaster.
3. With a clean knife, apply a 1 cm layer of small-curd cottage cheese to one slice of bread. Do not spread hastily! Do not leave gaps! Do not rush this, people!
4. Procure a new knife. Apply a .75 cm layer of a berry jam on top of the cottage cheese layer. Do not allow the two layers to mix. (If you decide to instead apply the jam to the second slice of bread, please note that I don't know what you're making, but it's not my sandwich.)
5. If you suffer from OCD, check to see that you've unplugged the toaster.
6. Using careful alignment, place the second slice of bread atop the berry layer.
7. Cut the sandwich diagonally.
8. Enjoy! And remember to keep the North fruity and the South white.
9. That doesn't sound right at all.
Agent Yellow has become co-commissioner of Burlington's infamous kickball league. (Wait, I'm nerdy?) She will participate, too, and I intend to become her biggest fan. How that manifests itself is yet to be seen. Follow her around? Mimic her mannerisms and figures of speech? Make up cheers and songs about her? See, I do all of that already.